Crossing the Blues

Scared star Rachel Stevens


Rachel Stevens has only just conquered stage fright.

The former S Club 7 singer claims she only learned how to deal with the debilitating condition during her recent stint on UK TV talent show 'Strictly Come Dancing', despite being in the public eye for over a decade

Rachel, 30, said: "I wouldn't say I'm confident now, but I've conquered my nerves. Every Saturday night I've gone out there and really enjoyed it.

"It's unbelievable - I've gone out and done massive shows, arena tours, but I always got nervous whenever we did it. I think that's a good thing, but you're on live TV, millions of people, you're putting yourself out there. It's really scary."

Before taking part on the show, the UK-born singer had been living in Los Angeles in order to take a break from her career.

Rachel explained: "I'd gone straight from S Club into my solo stuff and I hadn't had any time to sit back and think about what I really wanted to do. I'd spent so many years having my diary scheduled around work, things planned out for me. I needed to take some time out. Los Angeles was brilliant, the best thing I could have done."


- celebrityrush.com